Thursday, July 12, 2012

The THRILLcam

One thing I'm going to do on this ride is post videos whenever I can.  I don't have one of those cool (or is it geeky?) helmet cameras that cost a couple hundred dollars.  Instead, I have a Kodak EasyCam digital camera, a Joby Gorillapod tripod, and a Eye-Fi memory card, which allows me to upload pics and videos from the camera to my phone.


Yesterday, I went on a training ride on Skyline Drive, something I've done several times since the spring, in order to acclimate myself to this kind of riding.  I wrapped the Gorillapod around my handlebars, and recorded a video of me going about 4 1/2 miles down one of the hills.  If you go back to the previous post, the section in this video is the last hill you see on the second to last profile, miles 60-65ish.

It took me 11 minutes to travel those 4 1/2 miles downhill.  The way back up took 45 minutes.  Gives you a little idea how steep it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment